Friday, July 13, 2007

Cucumbers anyone??

Check out my haul from my garden. I think I am going to have to look into making some pickles or something! I also have tons of tomatoes.
Yesterday, I cut up about 8 tomatoes and added some grated bell pepper and onion along with some seasonings and made some homemade tomato sauce. I then poured it over some chicken breast strips I had browned and simmered it for about an hour. Can you say yum! We ate it over rice and it was so good. Something about those fresh veggies.



I missed a few days of blogging as I have been super busy. My girls and I went to my moms on Tuesday for the night. We got up early Wednesday and hit a few thrift stores as well as one wonderful quilt store. We had a wonderful time. On Thursday I met a very sweet friend and her daughters at a tea room. I am not a big hot tea drinker but really enjoyed the tea I had and even had to bring some home!

Today, I met my sister and picked up one of her sweet daughters for a few days. She is a few months older than my oldest daughter and they have a blast together. Of course my youngest is right there with them.

I have been able to get in a little sewing the last few days. I am loving this cute bird fabric by Alexander Henry. I have it in every color it comes in!




Tomorrow I am heading to a nearby town. A very nice lady contacted me. She found some of my things I sew online and thought I might be interested in putting some things in her store. You pay a monthly booth fee and a small percentage of your sales so I am going to check it out. I would love to find something like that.

More tomorrow....

No comments: